Every year my regional PTA does a basket auction to raise money for scholarships. Each school PTA donates a basket, and for the last two years my school has done a gift card basket. I use the term basket loosely because gift cards are much more creatively displayed not in a basket. Last year I put them in a flower pot; this year I strung them across a frame. It didn't come out quite as I expected since we had so many cards. I felt like it was kind of crowded; however, it was still nice and was one of the top money generators at this year's auction.
My original idea was to make a bunting type banner, but there was no way to display that at the event. So then I thought I could drape cards on a string in a frame and layer the strings that way. Right before I was heading to a thrift store to look for a frame to turn into such a masterpiece, I popped into Marshall's (for kitchen stuff of course) and found this frame. For $12 I got a cute frame that was already filled with a pinnable surface and muslin. Sweet!
I used hat pins I had on hand, plus linen thread to make the swag lines. Then I used a small scallop envelope die to cut envelopes for the gift cards. I sealed them and cut off one end to make a pocket. I then used various embellishments that were on hand, such as pearls and ribbons, to jazz up the envelopes.
After clipping the gift cards on with mini clothes pins, I punched paper scalloped circles in paper I had on hand (to make the flowers) and a few butterflies too.
I ended up using some pop dots on the back of the envelopes to keep them from sliding around. They'll be removable enough to still use the frame afterward.
I also make a card (forgot a picture) that matched in style to let the bidders know what cards were included and the amounts of each.
I'm pretty sure all of the materials I used were Stampin' Up! except for the papers. Those were from a stack I got at Hobby Lobby from Paper Studio. The stack design was called Olivia.
All in all, I think it came out pretty good for 1 hour of work!