This is the first week I used an insert. I'm trying not to do that a lot since I know I'll have full albums, but I just couldn't decide which ice pictures to ditch!
We had done a salt/food color/ice thing that was so fun and made such beautiful pictures. I already had a hard time deleting some and couldn't really narrow things down to one or two for this week's spread, so I decied to add and insert and throw some in there. I don't remember what letter insert this is, but it's a Becky Higgins one and is 3 pockets tall.
Here's a pic of the layout with it flipped:
I don't remember what brand that paper is but the letter stickers are Creative Imaginations. Got them on sale at a craft store. I like the burlap-py, canvas-y look to them. I also used the some crochet trim from Stampin' Up! and the number 2 is die cut with Big Shot from Stampin' Up!. I used Soft Suede and Whisper White Stampin' Up! cardstock for it. I went for this look with the title card because the pictures put a lot of blue-ish color in the layout and I wanted to coordinate and balance it out.
My husband replacing a boot in the brake system. I thought it was pretty clever to mount this and journal on some ledger paper I had for my curriculum writing business. This year, so far, something costly has broken EVERY WEEK! I'm typing this during week 5 and it's still holding true. :(
During the end of Christmas break we had started this osmosis lab together. It needed time to sit to get results so this was the week we looked at it to see what happened. I put an overhead shot of the results in the same slot as an up close shot of the baking soda that formed on the string. I mounted them on Pacific Point Cardstock from Stampin' Up! to help coordinate with the blues in the layout, but ground it a bit with darker color. The paper above it in my layout is one of my kids' lab sheets.
This is a shot of the insert with ice pictues in various melting stages.
There's also a page from my son's school. He's in a special language program and they study Spanish culture and holidays. This week they had 3 Kings Day and I put in his picture from school.
I combined the "toothfairy" money with my week in review list onto one black paper for a slot. The label I put "Week In Review" on was part of a K and Company (I think) sticker sheet with various labels.
That's it for week 2. If you need any of the Stampin' Up! supplies I've listed here, everything I used in this layout is current and can be found in my online store!